On May 15, we officially kicked off construction for Phase II of the Concourse A Expansion at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. We are excited and proud to be partnering with JE Dunn Construction on a project that will create jobs and stimulate growth in our community.
The 191,848-square-foot, 10-gate addition, which will accommodate Delta Airlines and three common-use gates. Completion is expected to be complete in the fall of 2024.
The new section of the airport will include:
- Auto-tinting window glass to help control the temperature and sunlight inside the new section
- Terrazzo flooring at center walkways
- Concessions with a retail store, a restaurant and two bars
- Restrooms with modern finishes and water-saving toilets and sinks
- A 1,000-foot connector, which will include baggage conveyor, storage area, restrooms, and moving sidewalks
Learn more about the project, our partnership, and the groundbreaking, check out this article in the Charlotte Business Journal.